PD'S STORY
 

Port Dickson or fondly known as PD in short, is believed to be discovered by Sir Frederick Dickson, a British official who was looking for a suitable port during the colonial period in the 1880’s. The port was needed to facilitate the transportation of tin ore from the mines of Sungai Ujong, a nearby area, to Klang. This is to avoid using the traditional rough road that was long and winding.

 

PD at that time was only a small Malay village called ‘Arang’, which means coal in Malay as the villagers made a living from making coal. Over time, it came to be known as Port Dickson. Another source claimed that 'Dickson' was named after the British official.


»  Tanjung Tuan Lighthouse

»  Army Museum

»  Night Market